Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECONNECT RONDO ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW
ReConnect Rondo (RCR) is leading a nationally-recognized effort to revitalize an historic Black community divided by Interstate I-94 through a land bridge that will serve as a catalyst to reignite a vibrant African American cultural enterprise district in St. Paul, MN. As a community-based non-profit organization, RCR is spearheading a restorative development movement whose mission is to lead the effort to revitalize the Rondo community with a land bridge that reconnects Rondo and reignites a vibrant African American cultural enterprise district in St. Paul. It will accomplish this by engaging Minnesota leaders, social service organizations, schools, local businesses, and residents of the Rondo community to plan, develop, and self-manage a Rondo asset that supports a thriving community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
RCR’s Associate Director’s (AD) main function is to support and assist the Executive Director (ED). The AD is responsible for internal and external communication with key partners and stakeholders. RCR’s AD is accountable for leading the development and execution of the organization strategic plan, which also includes fund development approaches and activities. RCR’s AD supervises employees and team members and has oversight of all operational functions: programs, staffing, finances, policies and procedures. The Associate directors reports to the executive director.
- Aids the Executive Director to oversee all of the organization’s major functions, taking a first look and vetting issues or requests intended for the ED.
- Assists the ED by performing high-level duties and handling matters in their absence.
- Provides direction and cohesion to execute organizational strategy, systems, policies and procedures.
- Works with Executive Director to strategically plan work across organizational structure.
- Leads, mentors and develops staff to implement annual work tied to strategic plan.
- The AD keeps the ED well informed regarding upcoming commitments and responsibilities, runs interference for changes and prepares him for the unexpected.
- Builds relationships with key partners, decision makers, and organizational volunteers, and works positively and collaboratively with our staff team.
- The AD is often the face of the organization, greeting and establishing a rapport with partner organization leaders, board members, local media inquiries and able to vet good opportunities from time-wasters.
With the large number of responsibilities that Associate Directors has, applicants must be hardworking, have multitasking abilities, have strong organization skills for managing projects and for engaging with clients, vendors, employees and upper management.
The AD must be able to build strong teamwork habits among employees, as well as generate effective reports, assist in creating clear and concise presentations and organizing logistics around large scale meetings or conferences where the executive director is the central focus.
An Associate director should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as computer skills to organize records and use database programs, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, ZOHO a plus), and their organization’s computer system.
- Keep upper management informed of the current status of programs using accurate and detailed reports/presentations.
- Assist in management and oversight of budget, fundraising, and donation reporting.
- Help develop and drive the organization’s strategic and fund development plan.
- Work with the fundraising team to establish goals and developing strategies to meet these funding goals.
- Provide strategic direction and aid in staff development, resolve conflicts, and expedite processes that are not resolved at a lower level.
- Ensure that all information related to ReConnectRondo is consistent, correct, accurate, and timely.
- Review and assure accuracy in all information provided to stakeholders and third parties.
- Review grant documents pertaining to clarity and non-profit compliance.
- Build and manage relationships with community organizations, including the work performed by the Community Engagement position.
- Cultivate relationships with foundations and other sources.
- Assist in planning new programs and initiatives from conceptualization to completion including process improvement, milestones, and deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with each of the organization’s Project Managers.
- Support the Executive Director in working with external organizers developing and executing the strategic organizing plan including elements such as onboarding plans for new staff or processes for performance reviews.
- Assist Executive Director in developing recommended program budgets, allocation of resources, plans and the implementation of program activities accordingly.
- Work closely with the marketing communication director to organize and implement the marketing communication plan and campaigns and coordinate efforts with leadership team members, community organizations, and external consultants.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Prior managerial or supervisory experience and a bachelor’s degree in business management or public administration, communications, marketing, or another relevant field. Hands-on experience in content management.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience working in or representing advocacy organizations.
This is a full-time non-exempt management position beginning immediately. Office location is at partially or entirely off-site.
ReConnect Rondo provides full and competitive benefits including health, dental, and paid time-off. A full packet is available upon screening.