Marketing Communications Manager
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECONNECT RONDO ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW
ReConnect Rondo (RCR) is leading a nationally-recognized effort to revitalize an historic Black community divided by Interstate I-94 through a land bridge that will serve as a catalyst to reignite a vibrant African American cultural enterprise district in St. Paul, MN. As a community-based non-profit organization, RCR is spearheading a restorative development movement whose mission is to lead the effort to revitalize the Rondo community with a land bridge that reconnects Rondo and reignites a vibrant African American cultural enterprise district in St. Paul. It will accomplish this by engaging Minnesota leaders, social service organizations, schools, local businesses, and residents of the Rondo community to plan, develop, and self-manage a Rondo asset that supports a thriving community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Marketing Communications Manager will lead ReConnect Rondo’s Marketing Communications team and be primarily responsible for managing the organization’s external facing initiatives including public relations, media partnerships, paid advertising, social media, website, as well as adjacent aspects of its public affairs and community partnership activities. This individual will work to ensure that the organization’s reputation and public image are consistently positive, cohesive, on-message and fully contribute to RCR’s organizational goals.
- Develop and drive a results-focused, multi-platform communications strategy and plan in line with ReConnect Rondo’s brand direction while reflecting the organization’s restorative justice values and ethos.
- Reports to the Executive Director. This role leads a team responsible for managing, creating, and posting content such as the community newsletter, marketing collateral, public education information, social media outreach. In addition, this role supports publicity for events including community relations activities and press conferences.
- Serves as a liaison with and provides direction to RCR’s multi-cultural brand marketing agency.
- Oversees RCR’s social media strategy and supervises its social media marketing manager to assure alignment with its community and influencer outreach goals.
- Tracks and reports on the effectiveness of all marketing programs to the ED and the RCR board including progress of website SEO/SEM, social media and earned media reach and data reflecting the impact the marketing program is having on public sentiment.
- Creates voice for the organization together with the social media manager through a strong and appropriate presence within outside media platforms and their public comments sections to bolster the positive angles of the land bridge project and to stem negative comments deriding it.
- Oversees and reports on social media listening through all channels and enhance a listen-learn-scale approach to proactively shape the social media program to ReConnect Rondo’s benefit.
- Oversees RCR’s digital accounts across all platforms, and stays abreast of changes to technology and capabilities to ensure the organization’s profiles are dynamic and up to date.
- Oversees the use of video and digital content development execution, working with the brand marketing agency and other partners to create a consistent flow of engaging and interesting online digital content.
- Oversees the use of RCR’s ecosystem of allies, ambassadors, and subject matter experts to leverage their expertise and audience reach to grow and deepen the movement’s credibility, effectiveness, community and opinion-leader impact.
- Responsible for translating RCR’s marketing efforts into weekly/monthly engagement campaigns that consistently expand audience reach and steadily lifts engagement, month to month, quarter by quarter.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Proven work experience with a minimum of 5 or more years as a marketing communications professional with 2 years supervisory experience.
- BS degree in marketing, communications or advertising
- Experience working with or for an outside marketing agency.
- Hands-on experience in content management.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
- Experience delivering creative content through text, image and video.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels.
- Expertise with paid media social media campaigns.
- General knowledge and supervision over creating social-first content including memes, gifs and short videos.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in or representing a non-profit or advocacy organization(s).
- This is a full-time exempt management position
- Pay range is $78,000 – $83,000
- In addition to a competitive base pay, a full benefit package is offered including health, dental, paid time off, and retirement account contributions.