Committed to equitable development
ReConnect Rondo is spearheading a restorative movement with a vibrant African American cultural enterprise district connected by a community land bridge. This powerful movement illustrates our commitment to African American residents and businesses, current and legacy community members and other residents and businesses in Rondo. It shows our passion for equitable development that meets the needs of communities that have been wronged by systemic inequities. It will leverage systems, processes, tools and resources to reduce disparities and foster thriving communities.
Through our equitable development approach in this restorative movement, we will:
- Connect organizations, leaders and policy makers to help make the community land bridge and an African American cultural enterprise district a reality as well as a beacon of hope.
- Ensure community-led, collaborative efforts representing the community’s best interests.
- Ignite policy changes on national, state and regional levels.
- Defend Rondo against gentrification and involuntary displacement.
- Elevate resources within the community to ensure successful outcomes for African Americans and other residents and organizations.
- Motivate the community to embrace, support and work together toward this essential effort.
Committed to collaborative action
ReConnect Rondo will work collaboratively to revitalize Rondo for African Americans and other residents and organizations. With the help of leaders, stakeholders and community organizations, we will:
Present a united front in pursuit of one common purpose—Minnesota’s first African American cultural enterprise district connected by a community land bridge.
Create a collaborative action plan with other Rondo organizations while also cross-promoting missions, needs, opportunities and progress.
Illustrate why this effort is so important for the community, St. Paul, Twin Cities and Minnesota.
Collectively generate widespread interest in the community land bridge and the African American cultural enterprise district.
Work together to influence policy makers and MnDOT.
Make a powerful business case by connecting the dots between the critical needs of a thriving Rondo community, e.g., housing, education, health care, businesses, etc.