It's past time to make up for past mistakes
Our VISION is to become an admired national model for equitable development success, known for leading a restorative movement in Minnesota.
Our MISSION is to lead the effort to revitalize the Rondo community with a land bridge that reconnects Rondo and reignites a vibrant African American cultural enterprise district in Saint Paul.
Our PLAN is to connect Minnesota leaders, equity organizations and the Rondo community to ensure a better, brighter and more equitable future.
Together, we will:
- Right past wrongs that systematically impacted our African American residents.
- Generate untapped revenue with the potential of 15-16 acres of untaxed land.*
- Create long overdue economic opportunities for African Americans.
- Revitalize Rondo while vigorously defending it from gentrification and displacement.
- Share Rondo’s vibrant culture as a Minnesota treasure.
- Build a global model for restoration and equitable development success.
Our GOALS are strategically aligned to ensure equitable outcomes for African Americans and the Rondo neighborhood.
- Neighborhood Reconnection—Reconnect the neighborhood on both sides of I-94 in ways that serve as a catalyst for community-wide initiatives.
- Affordable Housing—Minimize barriers. Provide financial incentives. Promote the production and preservation of diverse, safe, healthy and affordable housing.
- Equitable Development—Create an inclusive framework for economic opportunities.
- Public Health/Green Space—Improve public health disparities by providing access to green space and outdoor opportunities.
- Community Leadership—As a community led initiative, work closely with state, regional and city officials to implement regulatory and policy solutions, maximize community involvement, minimize involuntary displacements and moderate gentrification.